Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Highland Cavalier band festival?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Highland Cavalier band festival?

    Anyone got any info? Who won? I forgot about it with the Tobacco Festival going on.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Highland Cavalier band festival?

    Sorry that this doesn't answer your question, but I was driving down that way (towards Wise mtn.) the day of the festival and saw many different school buses, several driving towards the college and others parked up at the college as I was driving by.

    I was wondering what the heck was going on and I figured it was a band festival. Had no idea those festivals were that big though!
    Officially retired

  3. #3
    Inactive Member namaste1's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 18th, 2007
    Posts
    67
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Highland Cavalier band festival?

    Maybe there will be something in the Coalfield on Thursday. If so I will try to remember to let you know.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Highland Cavalier band festival?

    I was told that North Laurel won with Grayson County coming in second but that was all they knew. North Laurel is supposed to be one of the best around from what Lee's director. I seen they made it to the semis at State (KY) and will compete at the Grand Nationals in Indianapolis in November.

    Here's North Laurel at the UVA-Wise competition...or should I say "somewhere in Va" lol...
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=pSMjST3cRJU

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Highland Cavalier band festival?

    Mr roommate's from North Laurel.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Highland Cavalier band festival?

    Youu should see some of the KY bands at the State Finals. Especially these two gigantic bands from Lexington, Dunbar and Lafayette.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •